How to put a baby to sleep in 40 seconds : Best tips
Sleep is crucial to everyone, and new-born babies require as much as 18 hours of sleep every day. Getting some babies to sleep is not a difficult task, but in the case of some others, it could prove to be difficult sometimes. What to do in a situation where your baby is always crying, fussy, and unwilling to get some sleep? What do you do to make her understand that they need an instant baby sleep?
Why does my baby fight sleep?
Have you noticed that sometimes your baby looks tired but you see him or her crying, squirming, fussing and even kicking all in a bid to fight the sleep? If you have noticed such, you might be wondering, why does my baby fight sleep? Some of the reasons why your baby is fighting sleep include:
· Over tiredness
· Under tired
· Trying to put the baby to sleep in the wrong environment
· Not having a sleeping routine for the baby
· Not wanting to be separated from the mother (separation anxiety)
· The wrong timing
How to help your baby get instant sleep?
1. Observe your baby’s sleeping clues- Babies usually give clues such as decreased activity and reduced concentration when they start getting sleepy. You should look out for these signs to avoid them getting too tired, thereby fighting sleep.
2. Place your baby in the right sleeping environment- Environment plays a role in our urge to sleep. A dark and quiet room will enhance sleep more than a noisy room with the lights on. The room should be within the temperature range of 18 to 20 degrees. The crib and foam should be comfortable. Your baby sleeping in a swing at night is not a bad idea as well.
3. A gentle massage- If you’re still bothered about how to get one year old to sleep; this strategy works. Massage the baby for about 10 to 15 minutes, using both slow and long strokes. You can also try baby friendly-oils and apply with moderate pressure to her legs, feet, arm, back, and abdomen.
4. Get your baby primed for sleep- Whether it is in the daytime or night, getting your baby primed for sleep, usually works. You can start with bathing your baby, then a song or a story for the kids above one year and then loving wishes of sweet dreams.
5. Wear your baby fresh diaper and pajamas- Your baby’s wear could discomfort them; hence, you should use a right, thick diaper that prevents leaks and also soft pajamas for a comfortable sleep.
6. Use customized tools that would help sooth them- In the case where your baby is acting fuzzy, you could use some strategies and tools to get her sleep instantly. Some of such devices include:
7. Night light projectors or Enhancers- When you think of how to put your baby to sleep in 40 seconds, this sort of tool works. Night light projectors sometimes come with different light modes and additional features like white noise and natural sound soother to help sooth your baby to sleep.
8. Baby sleeping in swing at night- Do you ever picture your baby sleeping in a swing at night? Baby sleeping swings offer multiple actions- gliding and swinging motions, which is all aimed at achieving an instant baby sleep.
9. Sleeping bouncers- If you are thinking of how to get one year old to sleep, then you might as well go for the sleeping bouncer. They can be used primarily for babies between ages 0 to 2 years. They usually offer multiple positions suitable for not just sleeping but for resting and playing as well.
Some of these tools are quite affordable and can be purchased online. Working with a routine for your baby as well as adapting different tools and strategies like Go To Sleep Little Baby Lyrics would help you achieve an instant baby sleep.
Try out some of these tips and let us to know is in our comment box below.
You may like to read-